Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Best Detox Tea Recipe

If you’re looking to upgrade your morning routine, I’ve got the best detox tea for you. This cleansing tea will kickstart your day. I started making this tea recipe as a part of my Fresh Start 21-day cleanse program, as it is specifically designed to reset the body, get the metabolism up and running, and curb cravings. It does have a little kick, yet that kick brings a whole host of health benefits along with it.

overhead shot of the best detox tea recipe, complete with cleansing tea ingredients like lemon, ginger, and parsley

Benefits of a daily morning cleansing tea recipe

The lemon promotes alkalinity in the body, and also kickstarts the liver for the day — encouraging the release of digestive fluids. Add in cayenne and ginger to bring warmth to the tummy, and boost both the metabolism and circulation system. Parsley is an optional add-in that brings some extra alkalinity and nutrients to your morning routine.

More great detox teas

Using teas/drinks to help cleanse the body is a great daily habit. I love playing with different ingredients to create both hot and cold drinks to benefit my body. Here are some of my latest and greatest creations:

Cleansing smoothie recipes

Along with my love for cleansing drinks, I’ve also created several cleansing smoothie recipes that can be consumed after this detox tea. Blending whole food ingredients can be both delicious and beneficial. Use ingredients that promote health and wellness, like these incredible smoothies:

Adding more plant-based recipes into your daily lifestyle will increase your energy levels and help promote weight loss. I created the Fresh Start cleanse that includes this detox tea recipe, because I was sick of companies marketing cleanses that could only be done with their certain pills, supplements, and powders. Most of these supplements are filled with added gums and chemicals. Instead, this cleanse consists of real, whole food, all found in grocery stores. A whole food, plant based diet provides you with the tools you need to create a healthy lifestyle.

Finding the right ingredients to create the best detox tea

Let’s be honest – sometimes finding that real food at a price your family can live with can be difficult. I often consult EWG’s Dirty Dozen list when deciding what produce should be purchased organically. This list really dictates how I shop, as it is updated yearly to show what foods contain the highest levels of pesticides after being washed and prepped for eating. If an ingredient isn’t on this list, I feel better about purchasing the non-organic (often cheaper) version of it.

I also utilize my Costco membership, which actually has all the ingredients I need to make this tea! I actually found a great batch of ginger root last time I shopped, and they have beautiful, organic lemons for a great price. Finally, I’ve learned that growing my own herbs cuts down a lot of cost. When I can run to the backyard and clip some parsley, vs. purchasing it each time I need it at around $3.29 per bag, I know I’m doing something right.

beautiful bouquets of herbs in mason jars ready to be used in the best detox tea. these herbs can also be used in detox tea for weight loss

How to make a detox tea for weight loss

When I make this recipe for the 21-day cleanse, I like to prep it for all 21 days. I know I’m more likely to stick with this habit while cleansing if it’s ready to go each morning. I take an ice cube tray and measure out one serving of this cleansing tea for each rectangle. The tray then goes into the freezer for 1 hour, to freeze each of the cubes. Once frozen, I put them all in a freezer bag and repeat until I’ve got 21 cubes.

When I wake up in the morning, I heat some water, then add 1 cube to a mug, pouring the hot water over it. This cools down the cube perfectly into the best detox tea. If you aren’t into spicy food, you can omit the cayenne. I often add even more cayenne than the recipe calls for!

cleansing tea with lemon, cayenne, parsley, and ginger. all part of the best detox tea
Print

Detox Tea Recipe

  • Author: Jen Hansard
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Total Time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: 1 cup
  • Category: Drinks
  • Method: No Bake
  • Cuisine: American
  • Diet: Vegan

Description

Start your day with this alkalizing, metabolism-boosting morning tonic to wake up the digestive system and get your body moving. Note: No need to eat the ginger or parsley (but we won’t stop you if you do!).


Ingredients

  • 1 cup filtered water
  • 1 inch fresh ginger root (thinly sliced)
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • Dash cayenne pepper
  • OPTIONAL fresh parsley

Instructions

  1. Heat water just below boiling.
  2. Add sliced ginger and lemon juice to a mug.
  3. Pour hot water into mug and allow to steep for 5 minutes. 
  4. Add a dash of cayenne, and parsley, if using.

Keywords: Healing Tonic Tea



from
https://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes/best-detox-tea

No comments:

Post a Comment