Saturday, September 19, 2020

10 Smoothie Recipes for Kids

Ever wonder how to make smoothie recipes for kids? I’ve got the one stop smoothie list for you when it comes to kid-friendly smoothies. As a mom with young kids, I struggled with what to feed my family. I wanted them to eat healthy, yet I wasn’t eating healthy. I wanted them to have a good relationship with food, yet I didn’t.

Once I learned about green smoothies, my whole world changed. Here was something that tasted good + was good for me! I immediately started blending smoothies #familystyle, and we all got in on the leafy green action.

My go-to Smoothie Recipes for Kids

How to get kids to drink green smoothies

Now, I know kids aren’t always the most practical, and the moment they realize we’re trying to feed them something healthy, they may bulk. Here are some tips I’ve learned in helping my kids to want to eat healthy, along with some smoothie recipes I know they’ll enjoy.

Shop for smoothie recipe ingredients with your kids

Whether it’s helping kids make a list of fav foods, then shopping for them at the farmer’s market together, or letting kids pick out 3 fruits/veggies to try each grocery trip, let them be involved in grocery planning. When I’m give my kids free rein when shopping for smoothie recipe ingredients, especially when it’s at a farmer’s market where they can sample all they want! I love the combinations they end up with. They are more likely to eat the foods they picked out. They’re also more willing to try new foods if they see me jumping in to try new foods.

Shopping at farmers market with my kids to create healthy smoothies for kids

The National Institute of Health did a study on how to get kids to eat more fruits + veggies. Results showed that between 2 different approaches, just the fact that fruits and veggies were talked about got kids to choose them as a snack over a more processed option. I don’t tell my kids that we eat whole foods because they’re good for us, I explain how awesome real food is, and how each natural ingredient works in a smoothie recipe to provide just what our bodies need to be the best.

Fuel your body. Fuel your passions.

The first part of the Rawkstar Manifesto reads, “I eat real food to fuel my awesome life.” This is not only a motto for my company, but also for my family. Team Hansard is all about adventure. My kids know that when they fuel their body with real, whole food, they’re equipping their bodies to go after their dreams.

It’s as easy as talking about why certain foods make us want to run a race, while other foods leave us feeling sluggish. Now, when my kids are getting ready for something big: a test at school, tryouts for a sport, a big day with friends, they ask for healthy smoothie recipes to give them energy, focus, and an extra push.

Healthy smoothies for kids

Now, on to the smoothie recipes! All of these smoothies have been kid tested + kid approved, so I know they’re all winners.

Banana Split Smoothie

Not only does this smoothie taste like a shake, you can dress it up with toppings too, and put it over the top. I love adding coconut whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a big cherry on top.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie

Dessert, snack, whatever you’re craving, this smoothie’s got it. Super creamy, and the perfect blend of nutty + chocolatey goodness.

Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie

I recommend this recipe for green smoothie newbies, both adults and kids. It is tropical, sweet, and I dare you to taste the spinach in it.

Watermelon Smoothie

This recipe can be blended then sipped as a smoothie, or poured into popsicle molds and enjoyed as a frozen treat. Vibrantly red and delicious.

Tropical Smoothie Bowl

Smoothie bowls are awesome for kids. They can help prep the smoothie base, then toss on the toppings to make this a one-of-a-kind creation each time it’s made.

Green Grape Smoothie

If you’re looking for a tangy-sweet treat, this smoothie is a definite winner. I love the blend of green grapes with a perfectly ripened orange in this fun drink.

Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

This smoothie tastes like a cozy and delicious oatmeal cookie! We’ve used plant-based wholesome ingredients like oatmeal, bananas, cinnamon and coconut milk.

DragonFruit Smoothie Bowl

This vibrant dragon fruit smoothie is a great smoothie recipe for kids. It’s naturally sweetened and loaded with healthy ingredients. It’s also perfect for a nutrition-packed breakfast or a filling snack.

Tie Dye Smoothie

Brightly colored foods normally indicate the presence of food dye and other processed ingredients. Though this recipe includes four electrifying layers, it’s made using 100% plants and whole foods.

Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl

Yep! We blend cauliflower with some of our favorite fruits to create a tasty + nutrient-packed smoothie bowl. I made this recipe for the lil’ adventurers out there like my son Jackson… and those of us that have grown up and are still adventurers at heart. The recipe is included below in the article.

Making Smoothies for kids with fresh, whole food ingredients

Healthy recipes for the whole family

Since my family eats dinner together, I’m always trying to make 1 meal that the whole family can enjoy. I often lean towards meals that are build-your-own in nature, so each person can add their fav toppings + sauces, and we can all enjoy the food.

The Rawk the Year meal planner is a big part in successful family dinners, as I know each week has great ideas for meals, as well as snacks and smoothies. It also gives me the freedom to swap meals around to fit our ever changing schedule. My kids even have a say in what recipes we pick, so I know I’m making food they’ll eat.

What are fav smoothies in your house? Leave a comment and let me know which recipes sound good to you, or that your kid wants to make this week.

Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl is a great smoothie recipes for kids option
Print

Kid-Friendly Smoothie Bowl

  • Author: Jen Hansard
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 3 minutes
  • Total Time: 8 minutes
  • Yield: 1 smoothie
  • Category: smoothies
  • Method: blending
  • Cuisine: american
  • Diet: Vegan

Description

Yep! We’ve blended cauliflower with some of our favorite fruits to create a tasty + nutrient-packed smoothie bowl to fuel you for you adventures ahead.  I made this recipe for the lil’ adventurers out there like my son Jackson… and those of us that have grown up and are still adventurers at heart.


Ingredients

Smoothie Bowl

  • 1/4 cup carrots (raw)
  • 1/4 cup cauliflower florets (frozen)
  • 1 large orange (peeled)
  • 1 large banana (frozen)
  • 1/2 cup pineapple (frozen)

Suggested Toppings

  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • kiwi

Instructions

  1. Blend carrots, cauliflower, orange, banana and pineapple all ingredients together. You may need to use a tamper, if it’s hard to blend on it’s own. (You do want this to be thicker than a smoothie, since it’s a smoothie bowl.)
  2. Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and top with your fav fresh fruits. We used blueberries, strawberries and kiwi for this one today.

Keywords: Cauliflower smoothie bowl



from
https://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes/smoothie-recipes-for-kids

No comments:

Post a Comment